We’re All a Little Colorific
*I just love this idea for artsy fun hair After finding this, I’m inspired to grow my hair longer just so I can do this! I’ve never added color to my hair and never really liked the idea of radical color in the hair, but this way of adding streaks just speaks to me. It’s soft and pretty, and I have the blond tresses which are perfect for this look. I even showed it to my husband and he thought it was pretty. The beautiful thing about this, is when you get tired of having those colors in your hair, all you have to do is snip it off and your hair is back to normal. Sounds like a plan!
Here’s a little about me, using the feelings of colors as a guide. Feel free to copy and paste these questions and do your own little rainbow meme on your blog.
1. Are you currently mad at someone? Not currently…thank goodness. I’m reducing my stress level Being angry doesn’t help.
2. Which of your family members has the worst temper? I’d say my husband. He’s Italian. Need I say more?
3. Have you ever thrown something at anyone? Um…yeah, who hasn’t? I threw a broom at my husband the first year we were married. Not a good time, that first year.
4. Is anyone mad at you? I sure as heck hope not, but on the other hand I wouldn’t be surprised.
6. When you’re mad do you prefer to stare angrily or yell? I yell, of course-I’m a woman.
1. Has anyone ever thrown a surprise party for you? No they haven’t and if you’re reading this, it isn’t too late. 🙂
2. What event is coming up that you’re most excited about? Probably the women’s retreat in October. That is always inspiring and wonderful….the same week is my favorite treasure hunt…the Christ Church rummage sale
3. If you won a million dollars, what would be your first thought? It would be I could take that trip to Paris, get the rest of my house done in hardwood flooring and do the improvements I want around my house that are more cosmetic than structural and also get that art studio shed made in the backyard, complete with heat and air conditioning.
4. If you could have anything right now what would it be? A body that is 75lbs thinner.
5. Your favorite orange thing. My Eectra Townie bike.
Yellow Belly Self
1. Name: Emily
1. Do you love someone? Yes, I love my husband and all five of my kids.
2. Do you believe in love at first sight? Absolutely that can happen.
3. Do you believe in love? Yes, I think love is nice and can fill an enormous ‘pot hole’ in one’s life.
4. Favorite blue things: Fresh blueberries, my denim jacket and blue/white gingham.
1. How many glasses of water did you have today? So far, four.
2. What color are your socks? black
3. Name one thing that you do everyday?
4. How much cash do you have on you right now? None.
5. Are you for or against Hillary? I don’t think she’s very likable. My vote goes to Michelle Bachman.
6. Look to your left. What’s there? My Vera Bradley purse.
7. What’s the last piece of clothing you borrowed? I don’t borrow clothing.
Last but not Least, Pink
1. Person you saw
2. Person you sent a text message to: My daughter
3. Movie watched in cinema: Larry Crowne
4. Book you read: Plan B by Anne Lamott
5. Person you talked on the phone with:
6. What are you doing right now? Sitting in my husband’s office typing this meaningless meme because I’m too tired and fatigued to think of something original to write about. Sorry guys. 😦
7. What are you doing tonight? Walking in the door and falling on the sofa into a deep coma of a nap until I’m rested enough to get up and throw some dinner together. After that-reading.
8. What are you going to eat? Probaby pork chops with veggies and potatos.
If you feel inclined, copy and paste this little meme into your own blog and in a robotic way answer the questions. I think they’re meaningless fun, but hey, what can I say?
In the spirit of fun hues, here’s a colorful, fun project to make from paint card samples. Have fun and enjoy it when it’s finished!
6 thoughts on “My Colors Revealed (well, sorta)”
Ok- You are my Color Loving Sister! LOVE your blog today! No surprise it’s about color! I really love the link to “tipped out hair”. I have always wanted to do that. One day met a very cool woman about my age ( 56) she had her hair tipped in purple. My hair is black… so I tried to do the red thing… My hair dresser didn’t really get it. Instead I had few funky red streaks.
Thanks for reminding me… I want to do that again.
Hi, found you through the lovely Colorsmith ^^ Great post! Makes me all nostalgic about my longing for the unattainable coloured hair, which I have gotten used to but not fully gotten over! Also, reminded me of when I was a sulky teen and desperately wanted to dye my hair black…one of the few things my mum absolutely put her foot down about (and looking back, I’m half glad she did, but only half!)
hi Rachel! Thank you for stopping in for a visit…I hope you are inspired to do something artsy with your hair. I think your mum was right, black is a bit extreme and so difficult to recover from….
I hope to see you again soon!
Ooh, And i am definitely going to borrow that colour quiz thingame! Might be a while while I make some suitably colourful pics to accompany it though 🙂
Hello dear color companion… some one sent me this link today.. might be worth playing around – lots of fun stuff and I thought of you!
Thank you! I’ll go check it out!