I saw this little article in a magazine and I ripped it out a while ago, and I can’t believe how dopey it is. Doing most of these things makes me want to eat, or, at least eat afterwards. Some of them make sense, but most of them are laughable. What would you suggest doing instead, to get your mind off of eating?
1. Curl up with a new magazine or a riveting book
2. Volunteer to pull your elderly neighbor’s weeds, or better yet, pull your own weeds. (Holy crap, what works up an appetite more than hard, physical labor?)
3. Surf the internet (I get hungry surfing the net, maybe it distracts you from eating, but not me.)
4. Update your personal documents and organize them in folders.
5. Watch reruns of your favorite show. (Hello? Popcorn and TV-makes me want to nibble, doesn’t it you, too?)
6. Go window shopping (With a friend, or my daughter, lunch is always a sequel to shopping. Always.)
7. Organize your photos (This makes me want to sleep.)
9. Clean out your computer files and delete things you no longer need that are taking up space on your hard drive.
10. Give yourself a manicure or pedicure.
11. Knit or crochet
12. Have Sex (next to a cigarette, what follows sex better than a delicious meal?)