I treated myself to this large print library copy of Jane Eyre. I can’t wait to curl up and read it. I figured large print may make it easier to get through.
I’ve been thinking lately about how I’ve been neglecting myself. I’ve let my beloved routines fall by the wayside as life has gotten in the way. I’ve got to remedy this by promising to make good on the things in life that are simple and necessary both for my soul and for my sanity. Why am I sharing these with you? Maybe you will be inspired to make your own list of daily needs that need to be met. Feeling a bit neglected? Make a change.
Promises to me:
1.Get more sleep at night.
2. Wake up refreshed (hopefully), and after the kids are gone to school, take 15 minutes out and write my ‘morning pages.’
3. Read more
4. Walk more. I won’t let the weather keep me inside.
5. Take two baby asprin a day to keep my heart healthy.
6. Eat less
7. Drink more green tea.
8. Spend 45 minutes to an hour each day ‘getting my art out’ by way of a journal page.
9. Organize my life and simplify. Keep the house tidy.
10. Carve a part of the day out for quiet time.
11. Get most of these ‘me’ things done before the kids get home so I can devote more time to them.
How about you? I know you are inspired. What are you going to do everyday for yourself that’s good for your soul and your sanity?
Published by Emily
I am the owner of Bloom Art Studio in Mokena, IL. I LOVE ART! I am a middle-aged woman who vows to live each day artfully and with intention. Teaching art, walking the dog, painting, photography, reading books and writing are my favorite ways to pass the time.
View all posts by Emily
1 thought on “Some daily promises to myself….”
all those sound like what i need to do. especially taking more time for my art. i resist it like i do sleep. i don’t know why i won’t do the things that make me feel so good and happy once i’ve done them.