With every new year comes the promise of new things to come and new things to look foward to. I don’t have many resolutions, but I will list the few I have of those, too. Every year I get that old familiar feeling of anticipation of what new things the fresh year will bring. With it comes excitement, and not usually dread. So, here are 12 things I look forward to in 2009.
1. I look forward to seeing a new president come into office and witness how he handles things. I look forward to a new family with young children in the White House.
2. I can’t wait for the new season of American Idol to begin.
3. January brings with it thoughts of everything white-a time of cleaning and organizing and curling up with good books and hunkering down for the heart of winter.
4. I intend to continue making collage paintings and opening up an Etsy store to sell my new art form.
5. I will spend some time in 2009 squaring away my missing college credit hours to complete my degree. When all my ducks are in a row and it’s all official, I will pursue a career in Substitute teaching Art. After dipping my toes in teaching, I will decide if it’s really for me and if it is, I just might pursue an official teaching degree in art.
6. I’m anxious to see a new season of Project Runway.
7. I plan to do monthly color themed blog entries-a color for every month. Sit tight-you’ll see.
8. I intend to keep myself walking, with the intention of becoming more and more fit as the year goes on. I also hope to continue in the direction of eating healthier and eliminating the things in my diet that lead me astray-like sugar and bread.
9. This year I hope to rid my home of unwanted/unused items and live a cleaner, more pared down existence.
10. I hope to write more and read a book a month. (a book a month is a lot for me!)
11. This year, I hope to expose my two youngest to more cultural things like museums and art.
12. By Christmas, I hope to be a person who cares more and thinks more of others.