With every new year comes the promise of new things to come and new things to look foward to. I don’t have many resolutions, but I will list the few I have of those, too. Every year I get that old familiar feeling of anticipation of what new things the fresh year will bring. With it comes excitement, and not usually dread. So, here are 12 things I look forward to in 2009.
1. I look forward to seeing a new president come into office and witness how he handles things. I look forward to a new family with young children in the White House.
2. I can’t wait for the new season of American Idol to begin.
3. January brings with it thoughts of everything white-a time of cleaning and organizing and curling up with good books and hunkering down for the heart of winter.
4. I intend to continue making collage paintings and opening up an Etsy store to sell my new art form.
5. I will spend some time in 2009 squaring away my missing college credit hours to complete my degree. When all my ducks are in a row and it’s all official, I will pursue a career in Substitute teaching Art. After dipping my toes in teaching, I will decide if it’s really for me and if it is, I just might pursue an official teaching degree in art.
6. I’m anxious to see a new season of Project Runway.
7. I plan to do monthly color themed blog entries-a color for every month. Sit tight-you’ll see.
8. I intend to keep myself walking, with the intention of becoming more and more fit as the year goes on. I also hope to continue in the direction of eating healthier and eliminating the things in my diet that lead me astray-like sugar and bread.
9. This year I hope to rid my home of unwanted/unused items and live a cleaner, more pared down existence.
10. I hope to write more and read a book a month. (a book a month is a lot for me!)
11. This year, I hope to expose my two youngest to more cultural things like museums and art.
12. By Christmas, I hope to be a person who cares more and thinks more of others.
2 thoughts on “What I look forward to in 2009”
Hi Em! I enjoyed your “year end” post! I wanted to stop by and say “Thank You” for all your wonderful visits this past year to my blog. Your friendly visits are very much appreciated! Happy holidays and best wishes for a blessed New Year! ~ xo Joy
Oh my goodness — except for #7 (far too lazy) we are the SAME person!!!!