Seven Things that Scare Me:
* Rats and maggots (disgust is more the feeling with the latter)
* Driving too fast next to cement pylons
* Opening cylinders of biscuits with a spoon and waiting for the “POP!”
* The chance that I can get dimensia when I’m old
* Riding my bike over our local highway overpass
* Not having enough money to survive
Seven Things I Like to do:
* Snuggle with my husband
* Ride my bike
* Being artistic and creating things
*Curling up with a good book
* Watching Project Runway
*Hanging out with girlfriends
Seven Random Facts About Me:
* I’ve been to NYC just for fun 5 times without my husband
* I’m a natural blonde
* I only dated one guy when I was young and I ended up marrying him. In August we had our 25th wedding anniversary.
* I once got a surprise phone call from Faith Sullivan, the author of one of my favorite books, The Cape Ann
* I received a hand written letter of apology from Chris Noth who plays Mr. Big in Sex and the City. Long story.
* Although I love God and believe in Him, I hate to go to church, and haven’t been to a service in well over a year.
* I once had a four page article written about myself and my business in Country Marketplace magazine. It was complete with a big picture of me and many of my doll designs.
Seven Things I want to Do Before I Die:
* Visit France, including Paris
*Be much thinner and healthy.
* Learn how to read a knitting pattern and then begin to knit like a diva
* Have read a lot of the classics and all of Stephen King’s books
* Live in my downtown Chicago townhouse and walk everywhere I need to go
* Have made a sizable living selling my art
* Write a book (or two) and have it published
Seven Things I Can Do Well:
* I’m really good at improvising a tool to get a task done
* Design dolls and make them
*Write (some would say)
* I have a positive attitude
* Planning themed events
*I have beautiful penmanship
* I’m a good wife
Seven Things I Can’t Do But Wish I Could:
* Speak confidently to an audience
* Find all my old friends and renwew our friendships
* Speak French
* Understand taxes and real estate lingo
* Have an interesing journalism job in a news room or the White House
* Maintain an apartment in NYC so I’d have a place to stay whenever I had an urge to visit the Big Apple.
Seven Phrases I’m Known to Use:
* For Christ’s Sake!
* (said in my best mafia accent when my kids swear) “You kiss ya muddah wit dat mout?”
* “What’s her face
* “Outside go pee?” (to the dog)
* What Larry?!!!
* Give me a break.
* Are you freakin’ crazy?
Seven of my favorite things
- Black turtle necks
- my black yoga pants
- my bike
- my computer
- beautiful yarn and knitting needles
I invite you to be Quick and to the Point….blog about your own personal series of Sevens.
6 thoughts on “Quick and to the Point”
Great post. I like the quick and to the point approach being a BIG fan of lists. When I get a moment, I’ll have to make my lists. I’ll be sure to let you know. We share lots of similar things like black turtlenecks, wishing I could run, positive attitude, being artistic and creative, and fear of driving fast next to cement pylons (to name a few).
Great lists, Em. I want to know about Chris Noth now, thanks a lot you lil tease. 😉 Hey, come over to see my art journal pages and get some inspiration, maybe? 🙂
25 years ~ CONGRATS! Love this post, I’m inspired to do my own! (From CoL)
Chris noth, eh? hmmmmm
Wait a second. Chris Noth? You have to share that one.
I wondered what happened to you.
Oh, Please do tell the Chris Noth story!